Tuesday, August 2, 2016

HK 75 The Way You Get What You Want, Is To Be Grateful For What You Have.

On Aug. 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Wow Last week was awesome, we've been seeing a lot of tender mercies from the Lord. I am very tired at the same time. Oh, how much I love this work!

So last week we were able to teach a whole family and baptize them. It was another great experience. We spent the whole day teaching them and its amazing to see how focused these people are during the lessons. Listening to two twenty year old could be tiring sometimes but its crazy how the whole family was so hungry for spiritual knowledge. They were indeed prepared and it was an amazing experience for me to baptize their whole family. The service was full of spirit. There were a lot of members from mainland who came down to support the people that were getting baptized that day. That was an amazing experience and it will be great to keep in contact with after the mission. It's pretty cool to have a bigger vision for people. For some reason during lessons with investigators my mind gets carried away to the eternal potential of each investigator. It gives me so much hope for all the people I teach. It's amazing!

I was really excited for the Temple last week. It was amazing, I love the temple and I love how much I learn in His house. I am always rejuvenated by the power of the Spirit. I am blessed to have the chance to go to the temple every transfer. Right after the temple we got "Qing'ed" out by Yoshi. Pretty cool how there were a lot of surprises last week. Feels great to feel loved haha!

Member missionary work seems to be clicking recently. I am happy that we are having a great time working with the members and spend quality to get to know them better. As a result we were able to receive 4 referrals. Pretty amazing!

I am excited with what has been happening in our area. I think we have been seeing a ton of miracles every week. It's funny because I told Elder Johnson to brace himself for the island but it has been really smooth recently. Pretty good start for him so far. I have been studying a lot about gratefulness recently. It is super important to thank Heavenly Father for all the blessings you receive. It's amazing how, when you count it, you feel so loved by Heavenly Father! I am so grateful for His love. His love is so real! Have a great week!

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016