Tuesday, August 30, 2016

HK 79 The Temple Apartment .

Hello Everyone!

So, I just moved into Kowloon and man, it is a nice place as well! I like it, its less busy and it doesn't give me a bad headache. I learned a lot in the island though, it is probably the highlight of my mission but I know that the Lord has a lot in store for these last few months in Kowloon.
So when President Lam called me about the transfers last week he jokingly said that he needed me to open Kowloon area. Well, the area is actually open with Elder Grayam in it but yeah it actually feels like we are opening an area because we have nothing to work with. So what we did was we did plan and prayed super hard for a direction, we came up with names of formers, potentials, and families we can strengthen so that we could help them fulfill their responsibility as missionaries.

The temple apartment is amazing, super cold! Super comfortable with the weather outside. So yeah about my new companion. He is from FLORIDA(Lets go Heat, Lets go Heat)! Elder Grayam is an awesome missionary. He has been in the field for almost a year now and he is full of energy, charity and faith!

Scot seems to be amazing, I met with him last week and bore my testimony of how I know that his decision will definitely bless his wife and kids. He is such an amazing example. He just has that light shining right now. Its nice seeing him share his experiences in church and making friends.

I've been pondering about service a lot recently. When you are in the service of your fellow being you are only in the service of God. I love that scripture. As I was pondering I thought of ways on how we can serve other people. Here are some things that I wrote down. Smile, offer to help, look for the good in one person, observe them and compliment them on how good they are, and many more. I know that as we serve people we will be able to gain eternal friendships. If only everyone would serve each other in the world. How great would that be? I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is my savior and my redeemer. the power of his atonement is so real! He is indeed a gift to the world! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission