Wednesday, January 11, 2017

HK 98 最後一封電子郵件. 結束了. 再見香港. ( Last Email ).

 Wow, time is so fast! Words can't describe how I feel. I have learned a lot over the course of two years. My whole time here in Hong Kong is worth it. Heavenly Father is working a lot of great miracles in this country. The culture here is interesting, the best thing is that I get to meet people from different places around the world. The relationship that I have gained out here is priceless! I've learned a lot about myself in these two years. You really do find yourself as you loose yourself in the service of others.

Well, I am excited with what is going to happen in the future. I have hope and faith that everything will turn out right! It's good to go through some hardships out here. Heavenly Father really does refine us with the many challenges that we get.

I will miss the food in Hong Kong, Dim Sum back at home will never be the same. I will miss the Popo and Soksoks that we meet from time to time. I will miss the funny Cantonese language. I will miss the mainlanders just grabbing us and making us eat their LaoJiaCai! I will miss the people that are super surprised when we start speaking in their language or when they find out that I am not from Hong Kong. I will probably miss the fast pace life of Hong Kong, people here are super hard working! I will miss working with President Lam and my fellow companions and missionaries. I will miss Victoria 3rd branch and its wonderful members. Ah, so many things! I am grateful for all those experiences!

I am most grateful for a knowledge I have gained about the Love that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ has for each one of us. He is really there whenever we need him! I love Him! It all makes sense! We really do need a Savior. Without him, nothing makes sense. I know that He lives! God lives. This church is true, THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS is so true! I know that the Book of Mormon is true too! I am grateful for the atoning sacrifice of my Savior!

See you in a bit!

Love,
薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission