Monday, August 22, 2016

HK 78 Transferring To Kowloon Soon.


Wow, I am going to miss the island so much. So I will be moving to the Kowloon area together with Elder Grayam. Elder Johnson will be training a new missionary so many exciting things are going to happen in here. I am so grateful for the many lessons that I gave learned from Hong Kong Island. It was awesome to see how dead it was and now being really fruitful. I am excited for whats gonna happen here.

So a cool experience that happened last week was when our investigator David needed a fridge. We told him to pray about it. Elder Johnson and I prayed and fasted for it as well. So last sunday Dipal of Victoria 1st branch called and asked us to help him move. We agreed to spend all our preparation day to help him move. As we were helping him move he asked us if anyone was in need of a fridge because he has an extra fridge. After thinking about it, I remembered David! So we got a fridge for David and that experience definitely strengthened his testimony. Hopefully that builds him up for his baptismal date on the 25th of September.

We were able to see Scot as well. He is doing amazing! We taught him together with President Andy and we helped him teach the plan of Salvation. These member helping us with his ABLs has been really effective. Saw his family last Sunday as well. They are super cute together. His kids are just well behaved, I am very impressed.

I love this place. I will never forget the many experiences I have in the Island. I know that I was sent here to bless other peoples lives and in turn be blessed by them as well. I have definitely learned how to trust Heavenly Father and his timing. Charity never fails. I have seen how this principle has carried me through out my mission. I have definitely gained a strong conviction of the love that God has for his children is true. I know that my Savior Jesus Christ lives, his example and his teachings are amazing. I know that this church is true! I love the scriptures and I am so grateful for the feeling that the spirit brings. It is amazing! I am excited to serve in Kowloon! It will be amazing!

薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission