Monday, July 25, 2016

HK 74 20th Birthday.

On July 25, 2016 at 2:40 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello, Pretty awesome! So much miracles last week. Elder Johnson and I have been seeing The Lords hand in the work recently. Its awesome to see how He works in marvelous ways! I love the work so much!

We visited the Huang family last week together with Roger. It was an awesome time to get to know their family even better. I am so amazed with the level of spirituality that Huang di xiong has. It is crazy! He is one who understands the power and authority that he holds. Roger is amazing as well. He gave a really good spiritual thought about how faith in Jesus Christ changes the way we act and think. It really does bring a lot of hope and light in the dark path. He is indeed the light of the world. And hey the food was awesome too, ha!

Finding was really good for us last week. We worked really hard in talking with everyone of the street. Again, people rejected but there is so much hope for us because we have seen so many miracles recently. Cool thing is we met three people from Fujian in the same day. How crazy is that? Lao Xiang! Easier to talk with people from Fujian because they seem to connect with people that live in the same city as them. So I was able to use some of the minanhua that I learned growing up. I am definitely going to learn it from Ama when I get home! Haha!

So Welcome center has been a really cool thing as well! It was such an amazing experience. After a correlation meeting with the sisters, we went to the ground floor and started talking with the receptionists. After a while we noticed two guys sitting inside the welcome center room. So we started going in and talked to them. Apparently one of them is from Russia. Really interesting, he is a member and he hitch hiked from Russia all the way down to Hong kong. It took him 3 weeks and everything was for free! He said if he was hungry he would sing church hymns and people would start throwing money in. Awesome fella. He brought an Indian friend that he had just met that day. Awesome member. We started teaching the Indian and it was a beautiful lesson. Indians are the nicest people I have seen! So awesome. After teaching him, a lady came in to the building and wanted to learn more about our church. Well, what a great place and what a great timing! We gave her a tour and started teaching her the restoration. It made sense to her and she accepted the commitments that we gave. It was awesome! She seems really prepared! Miracles!!

Such an awesome experience recently. I feel like there is so much hope and direction in the Island. Member missionary works! You just have to put in the right amount of time into it. We've received some list of less actives that we can work with so I am excited to help bring these people back. Scot has been doing really great too. England seems to be doing him good. He went to church in England the other day and he loved it. It is good that he is being exposed out there and hopefully it strengthens his testimony. I am so excited for him. Brings so much joy in my heart!

And Woah! Where did time go? I am 20 years old! The last ten years was a great experience. I have done a lot and I learned a lot from it. I am excited for this new stretch in my life. I am grateful that I am well equipped and I have what I need to start strong. I know that this gospel is true. This is the greatest gift that I have received. I am grateful for a knowledge of a Savior. He lives! He has changed the way I think and the way I act. I know that his atonement is so real! His gospel really does bring mighty changes! I love this gospel! Have a great week!

P.s thanks for the wishes!

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission