Tuesday, July 19, 2016

HK 73 Counseling.

On July 18, 2016 at 10:36 AM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Dear All,

What a great week of work! Elder Johnson and I had so much fun!

So last week was filled with a lot of stuff. It is pretty good that Elder Johnson and I have been mixing things up. We have seen a lot of miracles from it actually.

We spent some time doing new things last week. We correlated more with the sisters in the Island and Elder Johnson and I took more time thinking about each member in our area. We were able to receive great revelation from the Lord. There are a couple of part member families in our ward and I think they have great potential. What a great miracle. We have received awesome direction from the spirit. It is pretty exciting.

Last week we spent some time door knocking as well. It was the first time I did it my whole mission. It was pretty overwhelming at first but then it turned out alright. We found a public building here in west point filled with tons of apartments. It took us an hour to knock 30 doors. Pretty fun! We taught a lesson by the door so yeah, filled with miracles! It was fun being rejected too. Some people yelled, some people were nice, and some people just slammed the door ha ha! At the end of that day we were chased by a dog, so that was pretty funny too!

Scot got confirmed. Waaaah! 我非常開心, 他已經是一個教會的成員. So happy for him. He just looks so much different now. He looks more happy! He also gives Books of Mormon to his friends. It is so nice to see him do some missionary work. I am just filled with so much hope for our investigators. We have a couple of investigators that are iterators as well, but last week as we taught them, there seems to be more hope in helping these people get baptized.

Last weeks zone training was great as well. There was a lot of counseling. It was so much better because everyone was giving insights and everyone was edified by the spirit. It was fun too because the Filipina sister did a skit. I think that is one thing that I have learned recently as well. Counseling is so important. We've done quite a bit of counseling and we have seen a lot of miracles out of it. So it is really worth the time to plan and talk more for each individuals.

This work is so true! I know that the savior lives. I am so grateful for a knowledge of Gods love for His children. I have felt His love through out my mission. His church is restored, I am so grateful for living day prophets as well!

Have a great week!

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission