Monday, June 27, 2016

HK 70 Early Emails.

On June 27, 2016 at 8:01 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Good Morning, went on a really good run this morning and I am stopping by for early E-mails! Last week was amazing once again!

So last week we helped Scot we prayed so hard for Scot's progression. His faith has been going up and down. He came to church tho and witnessed a baptism! The baptismal service was great, Guo Di Xiong got baptized and it was such an awesome service filled with the spirit. Us Elders gave a musical number and it sounded super awesome! Scot liked it so much, now he knows how a baptism goes. Hopefully that will get him to be less nervous. It has been an amazing experience with Scot. As we try our best to help him come closer unto Christ we, I have definitely found change in myself. There has been so much hope for Scot and we exercise our faith in every lesson/contact with him.

So a lot of things are happening in the mission. Hong Kong stakes were split into 6 stakes. So President Lam reorganized the mission. He moved a ton of people around. It was pretty crazy but nothing really happened here in the international zone. Well the cool thing is my Trainee Elder Woolley was called to be Assistant so he is in Cantonese work now. Such a powerful missionary! Oh, and yeah Elder Shukis is my new Zone Leader Companion. So I am excited to work with him and help the zone out.

So last week we had interviews with President Lam as well. It was a great time for me to sit down with him and learn from my very wise President. He taught me a couple of great principles. The one that stood out to me is the principle of promptings from the Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father loves us so much that he gives each of us specific promptings to receive personal blessings. Heavenly Father really knows us and loves us. He gives us personal promptings just for us. How awesome is that? I really do know that he loves us. I also talked to President Lam about school stuff, he gave me some great insights! I am so grateful for the example of that humble man.

So yeah, Six months more to go. It's pretty crazy how time goes by so fast. Last year and a half have been the best experience of my life. It is life  changing! I am so grateful to be an instrument of the Lord and seeing people change through the gospel has been amazing. As I invite people unto Christ, I naturally bring myself to Christ as well. It's hard to describe but I love the 福音so much! The gospel of Jesus Christ is so real. It has made a big difference with the way I think, act and speak. I am so grateful for this knowledge. I have Faith that I can be with my family for eternities. I believe that Christ lives and he loves each one of us, oh how wonderful it is!

Have a great week!

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016





Sights And Sounds