Wednesday, June 15, 2016

HK 68 Tender Mercies.

On June 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello Everyone! Last week was awesome! A lot of tender mercies!

So yeah, it was pretty fun. I was able to go live in the temple and do exchanges with Elder Shukis (My second companion). Pretty awesome! It was awesome to be able to work with him again. We had a lot of fun teaching together. We were able to schedule 3 appointments and all of them were pretty solid! I am pretty amazed with how enthusiastic Elder Shukis is, its amazing how he is keeping it at this time of the mission. Definitely something that I learned from him.

Zone Training was pretty awesome as well. What a great privilege it is to prepare training for the zone. It is such a great opportunity for me to serve a lot of people. I am so grateful for the opportunity because it helps me loose myself even more.

So yeah, during my mission my weaknesses has been exposed a ton. I thought after being set apart from the stake President, I would naturally some type of power that would make me a perfect missionary. Well, I guess not. This is such an important lesson that I have learned on my mission though. You have to make things happen. "Pray as if everything depends on the Lord and Work as if everything depends on yourself." What a valuable lesson I have learned out here.

Well last week  Scot came back and the good thing is he didn't drink the last 2 weeks! What a great miracle. We are very excited for him. We actually had a branch activity as well. It was dragon boat festival last Thursday so we kind of had a missionary activity. A lot of investigators came to the activity so that was a great missionary opportunity for the members.

I am so excited for the area, We hope that this week will be even better. I am so grateful that I get to see the Lord's hands in the lives of others and even in mine. I really do know that He lives. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are perfect beings and there sole purpose is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission
2014 - 2016