Thursday, June 23, 2016

HK 69 Father's Day

On June 20, 2016 at 12:01 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

So yeah, last week was pretty good.

Well, last week was such a big test of faith. I am so grateful for the many challenges and tests of faith during this run. It's been crazy and I really know that these challenges are to be learned from.

So last week we tried relied so much on the spirit to help Scot overcome his challenge right now. He is kind of struggling with faith because he was reading a lot of anti the other day. So he feels like he is loosing faith. To be honest I admire the man so much. Talk about telling a couple of 19 year old kids all your problems. It probably takes humility to do that. We called him every night and prayed so hard that he can feel the spirit. He is off word of wisdom now and we are moving his baptismal date a week back. So I hope that this time is the time. Well, I am actually pretty happy that he is going through it. The theme the Presidency has given to missionaries is Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts. So I am sure that the trials that Scot is going through will strengthen his testimony before baptism. We had a beautiful Family Home Evening with his family as well, we taught them how to hold one and hopefully they will be doing it. Their kids are really adorable. Pretty funny kids! 

Yesterday was fathers day. That was awesome! Yeah, recently a lot of memories with my dad have been popping out of my head. I am so blessed to have such a supportive dad. I will never forget the days when dad would be at every basketball practice and at every gaming cheering and giving me a heads up. It is awesome to have such a big fan. I know that I also have a Father in Heaven who does the same. He loves me and only cheers me up and never gives me doubts. I love the gospel. I believe that Christ lives and his atonement is so real. 

Have a great week!




薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016