Thursday, May 12, 2016

HK 63 Spiritual Eyes.

On May  9, 2016 at 10:15 AM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

I just want to bear my testimony.

I am so grateful for the many experiences I have had on my mission. Everyday is always new. I am so grateful that I get to serve in the 維多利亞3 分會. There are a lot of great members in that branch and I am so grateful for their example. Last week as we were hiking I thought of a great analogy. We were hiking up a mountain in Lantau island. So at first I didn't want to do it because I don't like hiking. But I changed my attitude and said okay I will love it. So we started hiking and I was trailing everyone . (it was a 6 hour hike BTW)  As we were hiking I asked Fred ( a member) . "Who prepared these stones to help us get up". So this question helped me learn a great analogy of our life on earth. The stones represents the pathway that Jesus Christ has prepared for us. Now if I didn't start hiking, I would never get up to the mountain. The steps we take are an act of our faith. As we take those little steps, we are showing our faith and we are repenting. Now as I was hiking up, it became hard cos my legs were hurting so I stopped to take a rest. That could represent Sundays. As we go to church to take a rest and to renew our covenants, we are able to receive the power and strength to keep on going. Here's another thing, Fred was encouraging me to keep on going the whole time so having good friends are super important as well. We have to help each other out in this path towards the presence of Heavenly Father. It took 3 hours to get up there and it was a beautiful feeling to be able to conquer the hike.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. He really does understand all our challenges. Heavenly Father loves us, He cares for us. I am so grateful for the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is the only true church. I know that the book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that this gospel can really change lives, it has change my life a ton! I am so grateful, super Grateful! I am so grateful for my family too! I am so grateful for the support that I receive, and for their love.

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission
2015 - 2016