Wednesday, May 25, 2016

HK 65 Another Week Of Amazing And Spiritual Experiences.

On May  23, 2016 at 04:16 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello! Another amazing week! Full of spiritual experiences once again.

So Scot has been really amazing! He is so brave, he is doing all he can to stop drinking and to avoid the situations that would tempt him to drink. I am amazed of his humbleness, he is really willing to forsake his old self and turn unto the savior. We met with him twice last week, he is very excited to serve the Lord. We are working with the sisters to help his wife out. Temple is our goal for this family, in fact everyone that we teach should have the goal to dress in white and be sealed for all time and eternity. So yeah, I am happy that Scot is progressing! Rejoice!

Elder Johnson and I have been working really hard. We were able to find a couple of great potentials last week. Street finding has been very fruitful but we are trying to find a way to balance things with member missionary work. I am so happy that the mission has changed its perspective with missionary work. Now we have different types of activities that we can do. One very valuable thing that I have learned here is how important Ward/branch unity is. If the whole branch/ward knows their purpose then we will be able to go forward together. This is what we are trying to help establish in the 維多利亞 3 分會.

I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Woolley. It was fun. We went finding, teaching and do member missionary work. It is crazy how the unity is still there. We were able to find this lady who we shared and blasted the spirit. It was such a powerful moment. Such a good elder! Hopefully we can serve together soon!

I love the work. It has been a pleasure to work with some great leaders in the mission. I have learned a lot from the leadership of President Lam and Elder James. We had a mandarin meeting last week and we talked about our work. I felt their sincere and simple yet powerful testimony of the gospel. I am amazed with their dedication and hard work.

The church is really true. I am so grateful for the teachings of Jesus Christ. His teachings is blessing me. I am so grateful for the great opportunities to serve. I know He lives. Heavenly Father really does have a perfect plan for each of us. We might not see it but He does.

Have a great week.

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016

Can I throw these shoes away mom?

Basketball with my investigator back in tolo harbour.

Outside view from the temple.

Bought new shoes again.... second one I bought on my mission.