Monday, April 4, 2016

HK 58 Name Guessing In Kowloon Tong.

On April 4, 2016 at 1:03 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello everyone! Great week, it was a test of faith!

So last week all of our investigators didn't pick their phones up. So, it turns out all of them went back to mainland for the holidays. Well, we hit the pavement hard last week. It was great, we were able to find a couple of great potentials. Elder Forston goes around trying to guess peoples family name. And he guessed one right! He said " Ni hao Chen Xian Sheng, Ni Jin Tian Zen Me Yang?" The guy freaked out and it was a great way to start up an awesome conversation. So, finding has been really fun recently, just gotta have fun and talk to as much people as you can.

We had a great Leadership training with President Lam as well. We were able to talk about some concerns about the mission and we revamped some systems with in the mission.

Church last Sunday was awesome. Partaking of the sacrament is very important. It is an expression of our willingness to the savior. I was pretty disappointed last week with investigators not home and people on the streets not caring. Well, I would take the experience last week as something to be learned from. I was studying about faith last week and how I can apply it into our ministry. Then a sentence popped into my mind as I was studying. "Faith in the will of the father". Then It reminded me of a talk by Elder Bednar where he asked this man suffering from cancer if he had the Faith not to be healed and that he has an important mission in the spirit world. Do you have the faith in the will of the father? There are tons of days on my mission when its super hard. Giving your all but not seeing the fruits can be deteriorating BUT I have the faith. I know that the efforts I am giving are not wasted. I just have to continue working hard and giving my all. Submitting my will to the Father. I just love Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the many things that I have learned.

Next week will be awesome tho! With new investigators coming in with our old investigators I think we will have a great teaching experience next week.

I am so excited for general conference! Have to prepare myself for the many revelation that I can receive! I know that what they know is true! Christ truly lives, his teachings are applicable and has been a blessing. I am so grateful that we are Blessed with LIVING DAY PROPHETS as well. Heavenly Father continues to speak with us!

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission
2014 - 2016








Sights And Sounds