Tuesday, April 12, 2016

HK 59 The 186th Annual General Conference Rebroadcast.

On April 12, 2016 at 12:43 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hello! So much spiritual experiences last week. We had Mission Leadership Counsel and General conference. Man, Those were crazy days, my brain is pretty sore right now. Today would of been a great day to go to the temple, the AC broke tho so there is no temple day today...

This week we were able to meet with most of our investigators and our RC's and LA's. The lessons we had were filled with spiritual power. Scot is awesome! We met with him twice last week. His desire to learn has been great and he's been more receptive recently. That was a miracle, he finally understands the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A miracle this week was when we had to move Scot's lesson 30 minutes back because district meeting ended a little bit later. Well, we got to wan chai 30 minutes before the lesson. While we were calling people, a man named Mark came in and asked for a priesthood blessing. We gave him a priesthood blessing and he thanked us so much. He told us to remember that day. We invited him to general conference and he came. We sat with him for a session, he definitely learned a lot as the prophets were talking about being a father. That was a great experience.

Well, let me share a couple of thoughts that I've had from general conference. I just love the simplicity of the message from President Monson. Those short 4 minutes were powerful messages from the Prophet! He indeed is a prophet. The Priesthood of God is here, the power of heaven is upon us and we have to be worthy to be able to exercise it. We choose our destiny. The decisions we make now have a lasting impact for the eternities. Helping the needy was one thing that stood out to me as well. We have to have the desire to help our brother and sisters who are in need of our help. I loved the testimonies of the apostles during the conference, you can just see the spiritual mantle that they have. It was ended with an amazing talk by Elder Holland. We really do have to just keep trying. We are not perfect, but we have to try! Well, let us all apply what we have learned from conference.

I had a couple of questions right before conference and all of em were answered. It was great, the conference was filled with so much spiritual lessons. I am so grateful for their examples and wonderful talks. My testimony has been strengthened again. I know that Jesus is the Christ and he is indeed my savior and redeemer. I am so grateful to be part of His work. I will be forever grateful for those 2 missionaries who taught mom and dad. What else could I ask for more? A happy family anchored in the gospel. I love it.

Have a great week!


薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016