Wednesday, March 23, 2016

HK 56 大家好! 這個星期非常好!

On Mar. 21, 2016 at 1:01 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello! 大家好! 這個星期非常好!

Pretty alright week. It was definitely a test of faith for me. So last week I ate prawn crackers during E-mails. Well this week I paid the price. I had bad allergic reaction throughout the week. I am alright now tho, thanks to the Atonement and a Priesthood blessing I was able to overcome the sickness pretty quickly. Lesson learned, never eat prawn crackers! In other words, don't give in to sin! It's better to avoid than to be healed. HAHA!

So this week we worked hard! I am glad I had the strength to continue finding and teaching. We were able to help all our investigators this week. Planning has been a big part of the success. As we do our companionship study, we think about how we can help each of our investigators personally.

Sundays are the best! I love the 維多利亞3rd branch. I just learn so much from the members example and from their teachings. We were able to bring 3 of our investigators to church. One of our solid investigators brought their kids to church. Such an awesome family. We are working and praying hard for them. Its been a challenge with him but we are working hard with helping him with Word of Wisdom Problems. His kids are super cute. One of their kids just hangs on my leg all the time and he loves the magic that I always show to kids. Super cute family.

This week I learned about the importance of having a belief in Christ. Our belief in Christ changes our perspective in every aspect in our lives. As we read the first chapter of  Nephi we can see the difference between both Nephi and his brothers,Laman and Lemuel. As they were going through the affliction of there life we can see the comments from the three of em in the first few chapters. Nephi had great faith and understood why they were commanded to leave and even go back to get the Brass plates. On the other hand his brothers were murmuring during there afflictions and didn't understand why they were commanded. Nephi clearly understood why he had to do what his father commanded. He knew that the commandment was from Christ. His brothers didn't. They were rebellious cos they didn't understand.  

So grateful that I was able to survive this week. The atonement is real! I am so grateful that we have the priesthood on earth once again. The blessing I received was beautiful and gave me strength to continue working. I know that Christ lives. His grace and mercy is indeed sufficient for us to go through our daily lives and it gives us the strength ourselves to prepare ourselves to go back to Heavenly Fathers presence as well. I love the gospel. I know that this church is true. I am so grateful for living day prophets who lead us in these latter days. Have a great week!

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016