Monday, December 28, 2015

HK44 He Lives !

On December 28 , 2015 at 11:49 AM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello! Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year!

This week was awesome, celebrating Christmas away from home was kind of weird but Hey, it was really fun. I was able to spend Christmas with the Zone, with the people on the streets and some members. It was fun! We were able to do caroling as well. That was really fun. Giving out cookies was fun as well, it was fun trying to get people to take a cookie.

Once again I have seen the Lords hand in the work this week. I was able to feel the spirit as I testified to the people about the birth of our savior Jesus Christ. He was indeed a gift for all of us and because of His life and His sacrifice, anything that is weak can be made strong. Anything that seems impossible could be possible. There is just so much hope as I ponder about the principles of the gospel. This week we spent a lot of the time out on the streets because most of our investigators went back to mainland or are on some Christmas trips. We only taught a couple of lessons but they were all awesome. Our prayers were answered this week. One of our investigator was really humble and open to what we have to share for the first time. That was a blessing cos Elder Forston and I seriously didn't know how to help him. So we went into the lesson with a listening heart. That was a miracle! One of our other investigator brought his wife with him and we were able to teach them as a family. That was a privilege to testify about families and how the gospel really does bless our families. We invited them to pray as a family and they accepted it and they seem really excited about it. They even came to church the day after. That was a miracle! Ryan was baptized yesterday. We had a great baptismal service. His mom is very proud of him and looks like this kid has started his journey. That was a miracle!

This week I was pondering about how important it is to be worthy all the time. I really like the general conference address given by Elder Cook. He talked about how we should be temple worthy in good times and bad times. We have to be always prepared. You just never know when you need your worthiness so once again I invite everyone reading this to think and ponder about how you can improve. It is a process to develop spiritual habits. Our growth shouldn't depend on spiritual burst but spiritual habits. I know Christ lives. I am grateful I am raised in a good family. I know God loves each and everyone of us, He really does. Have a merry Christmas and a Happy New year everyone.

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016

Caroling and giving cookies outside the Wan Chai chapel.

Ryan's Baptism.

Zone Activity

Brother Buboy cooked food for us.

With Elder James. A very humble man. Great example to me.

Dipal from Bangladesh. Very active member.

With my former trainee Elder Woolley.