Tuesday, August 25, 2015

HK 26 Hello World !


On Monday, August 24,2015, 11:52 AM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello world! How is everyone, it was another fast week! Can't believe I am back here writing an e-mail home. This week has been a week of miracles. Elder Woolley has been a really great missionary, he reminds me of myself, coming in to the field with this burning desire to serve God. That is what a new missionary always brings, I am trying my best to use that fire and maintain that fire with in him.

This week was life! Life is all about ups and downs. This week we were praying so hard to see miracles. We started the week without a single investigator. First 2 days of the week was really hard. We were trying so hard to find people but people just doesn't stop! There was one day where we had a bad day of finding then I got pooped on by a bird. How bad is that? Its funny but its really humbling as well. Nevertheless, we pressed forward with faith. We prayed so hard that we could find people to teach. 

The miracle of the week was when we were able to find 3 new investigators. We met with them and taught them a lesson. Another was when we were able to schedule 4 people who before didn't have interest. We were able to testify almost everyday regardless of when we are finding or teaching.

Really great week, I feel like I have gone closer to Christ once again. I am loving every second of my mission. I am grateful for the opportunity to be changed by it.

Richard is getting baptized next week. He will be baptized into the Victoria 3rd ward. I am so excited for him, it has been a blessing for me to be able to invite him to come unto Christ.

I know Christ lives. As we grow closer to him, we grow closer with our father in heaven as well. I know the Church is true. I know that the church is restored by a modern day prophet. I know families can be together forever. Everything can be possible through the enabling power of our savior Jesus Christ.

Elder Sy

                                      
                                      ELDER SY
(薛 長 老)
耶穌基督聖徒教會
中國香港傳道
China Hong Kong Mission
 2014 - 2016