Monday, June 29, 2015

HK 18 Young And Excited !


On Monday, June 29, 2015 12:10 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Dear Fam !

Great week! It was a really cool week with Elder Shukis. Missionary work became "Fun-er" since we were companions. I have learned a lot from him too! Wow, this week was pretty fast! Really fast!

This week, we didn't have lots of lesson so we focused a lot in finding. One thing we have been doing during finding is picking out a number in the "101 ways to find in Hong Kong" paper. It is a list of crazy ideas we can do for finding. Doing that this week made finding better. One miracle was when Elder Shukis picked a point that said " Do church pull-backs", which is standing outside the chapel and talking to people and giving them an opportunity to have a tour around the chapel. As we did that we were able to find someone. We gave her a tour around the chapel and after that we invited her to come to stake conference. She went to the Saturday and the Sunday session. It was cool. One thing I did was magic! Before my mission I was able to learn a simple magic trick. Never knew I would be using it here. In church I found cards in the cupboard and I decided to take 1. As we were going home, we found a guy sitting and I decided to go to him and show the trick. After showing the trick he laughed so hard and gave us 5 minutes (which is a longer time people give us) to share with him the message, we were able to teach a lesson. It was super cool. Also taught a less active together with her son Henry. A really good family but they have to go to Shen Zhen every weekend so yeah, its a challenge. 

Yeah, Hong Kong is getting hot. So I am actually getting darker but hey all for the Lord right? I know the Church is true. I am blessed to be part of this great mission. I know Christ lives. I know God has a plan for each one of us. Continue having that faith in Christ. I invite people reading this to come unto Christ. Love you all have a great week.

Elder Sy

                               ELDER SY
(薛 長 老)
耶穌基督聖徒教會
中國香港傳道
China Hong Kong Mission
 2014 - 2016

One last time with President  and Sister Hawks. Really a great mission president. He is very dedicated. ( End of Mission).


Daily planner of Elder Shukis.. He is pretty excited for Saturday.




Bruce Lee Documentary Show.




Rearranging the apartment