Wednesday, April 8, 2015

HK 6.0 How Have You Found Ways To " Be Strong And Of A Good Courage" ?



On Monday, April 6, 2015 12:03 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:



Hello! How is everyone doing? This week was really good! Being a missionary gets better and better everyday. Speaking the language is coming. I had a hard time expressing my self this week. To be honest I cried in front of my companion because of this weakness. Then I read Ether 12:27. God gives us weaknesses to make us humble. We have to view our weaknesses of an opportunity to become better. " And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble. and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me. for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I know everyone has their own weaknesses but if we are humble enough to accept we do, and ask help from Heavenly Father then our weaknesses will be our strengths.
This week was really good. I strive to be worthy of the spirit. It turned out really good! This week I had the opportunity to teach a main-lander. Main-landers who are worthy and wants to be baptize comes to Hong Kong and receive all 5 lessons in one day. So yes we did taught a woman all five lessons. Her Name is Qiu Yong Li. It was surprising how receptive she was. Cool experience was when I shared the first vision of Joseph Smith to her. After the lesson she told me she felt something on her head when I was reciting the testimony of Joseph Smith. My testimony was strengthened, they are right! The first vision really does have a spirit to it.
She was baptized at 6, the spirit was so strong. I love feeling the spirit. Second cool experience for the week. Yesterday as we were finding in our area we were rejected a lot. Well what a surprise ( HAHAHA) Then I saw this woman sitting down by the bench and I had an impression to talk to her. I followed the spirit. I asked her "Qing wen ni hui jiang putonghua ma?" Then she said " I am Filipino". Well it wasn't a surprise I knew she was a Filipina. Then we talked, I asked how her life is. Then she said she felt alone. She said she has a lot of problems in life. For the first time in my life I was bold. I told her that God has placed us here for you. I asked if she would mind sharing it to me. She said she had a problem with marriage and said she felt God doesn't love her anymore because she has done a lot of bad things.  I felt the spirit. She cried saying, she is glad we talked to her. I cried telling her of how the Lord still loves her and that no matter how bad we are we can still become better people. His arms are open for change. It was a cool experience. We got her number and we gave it to the Tagalog missionary  sisters.
I wonder what cool experience will I get. Its all about following the spirit. And it is gained by hard work and obedience. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ lives. He has a plan for each one of us. Continue keeping the commandments and you will see the change in your life.I testify that Following Christ will give you a new view of the world. You will know which things are the most important in life. See ya next week! Love you!

Elder Sy ( 薛長老 )















Sights And Sounds Of HK 6.0