Monday, January 11, 2016

HK 46 Living The Abundant Life !

On January 11 , 2016 at 1:11 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello How is everyone, great week of service! I just love the work! Very selfless and nothing I ask for in return. This week was great, we had M.L.C. It is where are the zone leaders and sister training leaders meet up to have a meeting. It was fun sitting down and hearing the insights of others. I was indeed edified during the meeting. This week we also had zone training. It was great, kind of where being up there talking in front of people. Its a fear I was able to overcome over the course of my mission. That is a great blessing. The meeting was great, we had a great time talking with the zone about how we can be better missionaries.

Missionary work was great we were able to bring Scott and his family to church. Scott has been doing great recently. He is a very humble man who values his family. The church is just perfect for their family. I know great things are going to happen with their family. Of course we were able to bring Shi dixiong as well. Funny old man, we are working hard with this old man. We are immersing him with a lot of spiritual stuff so that he can understand things easily. I am pretty sure everything will work out as well. There was another baptism in the ward as well. That was another great experience witnessing Anna's baptism. The work is great and the Victoria 3rd branch has been great as well. With the 2 baptisms last month the ward has gotten a lot closer. That was a blessing. The people in the branch are such great example to me. They know how to set aside there work and help missionaries out.

This week was pretty cool, life is hard indeed. Was able to talk to a couple of people this week about their life. It was cool that they were so open to talk about the challenges they had. Most of them almost cried, probably because no one is there to listen to there problems. It was great that we were able to talk and testify about how the gospel can bring peace and hope into there lives.

We were able to help senior missionaries with their project blanket as well. We spent six hours cutting blankets so that we can send them to mainland china. That was a great service. It was fun cutting the blankets although my hands were hurting.

I love the experiences out here. It is all priceless. I know it will be another good week in the vineyard of the Lord. I hope you guys have a better week. I know that God lives. I know that we are the light of the world and we are all here to help each other receive that light. I love the gospel. I am grateful for mom and dads example and for pushing me to go to church all the time even though I am tired. It all makes sense to me now. I know Christ lives.

薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016










Sights And Sounds