Monday, November 23, 2015

HK 39 Don't Let Your Trials Blow You Down: Let Them Lift You Up .


On November 23, 2015 at 4:14 GMT, 12:14 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello how's it going? This week was another week for growth.

This week was tough for me. Our investigators were all busy so we didn't get to meet with all of them. It was a week of finding down here in the island and I have to say it was a test of faith. I am grateful for looking at the whole week with spiritual eyes tho. As my faith was being tested last week, I feel like it has strengthened my faith and has once again humbled me down. I am grateful for the grate attitude that my companion had as well, he lifted me up and helped me be positive. This week I also got sick, I had a bad headache the other day that kept me in bed. Glad I was able to recover from that in just a day. I am grateful for the care of other Elders tho. Elder Lui ( someone I live with) cooked con-gee for me and it kind of taste like what mom would give every time I am sick.

Finding in the island is pretty tough but we kept the faith and tried so hard to stop people and share about the restored gospel. We were able to stop a couple of people. As I was pondering on our efforts this week, I realized that our finding efforts were not wasted. We were able to find 3 new investigators for  the Elders in our apartment . They are kind of struggling recently and now they have 3 new people in their teaching pool. We were able to visit a family in the ward and help strengthen their faith in Christ as well. Like what President Lam and Preach My Gospel says, there is no effort wasted.

I am grateful for the opportunity to serve my master. It has been a great experience out here in Hong Kong. I love the people here and I am grateful I can serve everyone I meet and teach. I know that Christ lives. I am so grateful for His infinite atonement. Have a great week! 


薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
 2014 - 2016