Tuesday, November 10, 2015

HK 37 Helping Others Find Faith In Christ.


On Monday, November 9,2015, 12:35 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello, 

Da jia hao. Wo jintian hen gaoxing keyi zai yi ci fenxiang wo zhege xingqi the jingyan he jianzheng. Ruguo wo  yong guoyu lai fenxiang keneng ni men bu hui mingbai, na wo hui yong yingyu lai fenxiang ba ^^

This week was great, great week of helping people come unto Christ. This week was super spiritual as well because we had zone conference and district conference. I have come to love these types of meeting. Growing up in church I never value the time in church and in other meetings. Things actually started clicking when I turned 17. Everything in church was actually interesting and helpful. I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost because through Him I am able to learn for myself about the truthfulness of the things taught in church. My faith in Jesus Christ was strengthened once again during zone conference. President Lam is really good with putting everything around Christ. In zone conference we learned about the culture of Hong Kong. Also got a chance to improve my teaching skills through some training given by the zone leaders. At the end of the day, as missionaries our purpose is to invite people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. This is our purpose. 

This week was great. Taught great lessons. We were able to teach this guy with a ton of questions about the book of Mormon. It was rough cos his questions were super intellectual but then Elder Forston and I asked him what he wanted to get out of the Book of Mormon. Then afterwards we testified to him about how the Book of Mormon can improve the qualities of his life. I just love it when you feel the spirit as you testify to people. We are also helping a guy come unto Christ step by step. We were able to teach him almost everyday of the week. Pretty funny cos he says he wants to quit his job to hang out with us. Well hopefully he doesn't, ha! Finding here on the island is Cha Bu Duo. People still doesn't stop. But there are tons of families here so we are trying to focus more on families this week. 

I am grateful for the spiritual experiences I have had out hear on my mission. I know there will be more. I know Christ lives and I know that the fullness of His gospel is once again restored on this earth. I know families can be together forever. 


薛長老
Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 



With Elder Forston