Tuesday, October 27, 2015

HK 35 The Beautiful Wan Chai ( 灣仔 ) Metropolitan !


On Monday, October 26 ,2015, 2:04 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Dear Fam !

Whoa ! I am grateful for this opportunity to serve my fellow Filipinos. I am transferred into the Victoria 2nd/ Island 1st ward. My new companion is Elder Mangrobang from Olongapo, he was originally Cantonese speaking. Now I am living in the island and its pretty crazy. From all the nice cars, busy people, super tall buildings and more! Crazy thing is that I feel like a new missionary because I can't speak Tagalog and the Filipino work is different from Mandarin work. So it is something I have to get used to. My previous companion moved to Macau and I am pretty sure he is having a great time in there as well. Hopefully we will become companions again in the future.

I am humbled down once again. It was pretty tough on the first day cos I couldn't speak any Tagalog. Chinese would always mix up when I teach the Filipinos. So, I have to adjust once again. I am reminded of how I should rely on the Lord in whatever things I do.

So it is really special here. We have church services from Monday to Sunday. Its because the Filipinos only get one day off. So we get a chance to take the sacrament everyday. Its cool. The members here has a really strong testimony as well. They are happy all the time and they always crack the classic Filipino jokes. Its really funny. Aside from just having fun all the time they actually go finding with us. So approaching people that are sitting down is not a struggle now haha. Cool thing is Brother Boboy, a person who was baptized last week, was out there handing out pamphlets to every one he sees.

One thing I learned this week is how important prayer is. As we ask for specific things from God, we receive specific answers. I invite everyone to pray with real intent and be specific in your prayers. I promise you that if you do, you will get to develop a stronger bond with heavenly father and will receive the specific things that you desire.

I am excited to get this work done. I feel like there is much to learn out here. I hope you guys have a great week. I am so grateful for the things I have learned out here. The more I loose my self in the work the more I feel good. As I focus on the needs of the people, I receive many promptings that are essential for there progression. I love this work. I know this is the Lords work. I love the Lord. I am here to only serve my master. Have a great week.



薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission
2014 - 2016

Wan Chai Church Administrative Building

"Last Evening" together with my companion with Sister Gamboa from the Philippines

Wan Chai, Gloucester Road.