Monday, September 28, 2015

HK 31 中 秋 節 快 樂 Happy Mid Autumn Festival !

On Monday, September 28 ,2015, 12:55 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Happy Mid Autumn Festival!

How is everyone? Another great week of missionary work. It has been a great week of working hard in bringing people unto Christ. It has been a test of patience as well. The work is really tough and it takes patience and persistence in helping Chinese people develop faith in Christ. To be honest I learned a lot about life this week. I probably have one of the most interesting investigator in the world. We were able to meet with this guy two times this week. The first meeting I had with him was kind of out of hand. It has always been hard to control lessons with him because he would always interrupt and say things that pops out of his mind ( Like every other main-lander). So after that first visit, I said to myself okay next visit I am gonna control it. Next visit comes and the lesson went out of hand again. I was so disappointed during the start of the lesson but then I was prompted to just listen to what this man had to say. As I opened my heart to what he was saying I felt the sadness he had. With the way he is acting he is probably the happiest person I have seen in Hong Kong, but last week I felt the sadness. It was pretty sad, first time in a lesson where I got emotional. Life is really hard. I am grateful for the gospel in my life. I am grateful for the peace it brings. It will be tough helping this guy but I am down to help him change! For our other investigator, we found out that he was part of the communist party so these things are weird for him but he is so willing to meet. We were able to help him to understand why prayer is very important. He was able to understand and we are praying so hard that he will start praying. 

This week was mid autumn festival as well. It was a really big celebration. I was happy coz we got lots of moon-cake last week. It is really unhealthy but its really tasty! I remembered last week I was asking this old lady "Sik Jiu Fa Mei" ( Its a greeting in Cantonese which means Did you eat already but its a greeting for Hong Kong people, its like saying hi) Then she answered "Sik Jiu" and pulled out some moon-cakes and cookies for us to eat. I love the old people here, they are hilarious! During the festival there was a park with booths as well. As we were passing by the park there was a booth that "tells people there future". As I saw the booth, I thought of the Plan of Salvation. I am grateful for the peace and assurance that the plan of salvation gives. I am grateful to know what the process of life is. It is tough but that is the beauty! We go through this world to make decisions and learn from the decisions we make. 

Hope you guys have a great week! I know Christ lives!
Elder Sy

                                      ELDER SY
(薛 長 老)
耶穌基督聖徒教會
中國香港傳道
China Hong Kong Mission
 2014 - 2016