Monday, September 7, 2015

HK 28 High On The Mountain Top




How's it going?

Another great week for Elder Woolley and I. We had the right attitude this week! We were able to stop and talk to a lot of people. Most of them are Cantonese speaking tho. Its alright, hopefully the mainlanders will pop out soon! It has been another great week of learning. This week, we prayed even harder to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. One thing I learned on my mission is that if you don't have the spirit with you then you can't progress on your mission regardless of what talent or ability you have.

My companionship with Elder Woolley has been great! I can say, both of us are really good friends right now. Everything seems to click well, we have the same outlook on things. He has really good mandarin as well, so it really isn't a big stress for me to train him. Awesome guy! Playing basketball for exercise has been great as well. 30 mins of basketball starts my day right! Jason, an RC, would play with us as well. So this week we were able to build a stronger relationship with him. He is a funny guy!

The old guys here in Sha Tin is amazing! They are the funniest! We also visit this guy who does exercise around the corner. He always asks for for girl friends! Really funny old guy. We also met another good one last week, he was kind of drunk and started talking to us about his life. I am grateful to meet such old people. Old people are the cutest!

It was a great week of finding. I love meeting the people of Hong Kong. Once you are able to stop them they just talk and talk and talk. Really funny. I am grateful to meet those people and learn more about there life. Recently Elder Woolley and I have been teaching according to the needs of the people. Its great cos I feel like I was a robot before just talking about one topic. But right now I have learned how to connect the message of the restoration into the lives of the people. The promise in 2 Nephi 32 is true as well. The Holy Ghost will tell you all things what ye should do. Sometimes I just don't know how to respond to  people but then this week I relied on the spirit so much! The promise is really true, just open your mouth and God will fill it. It is really amazing!

Can't wait for another great week of work. I hope all of you have a great week as well! I know Christ lives!


Elder Sy

                                      ELDER SY
(薛 長 老)
耶穌基督聖徒教會
中國香港傳道
China Hong Kong Mission
 2014 - 2016








Jason Lin


Sights And Sounds of HK 28