Wednesday, May 27, 2015

HK 13 The "Black Rainstorm Warning" In Hong Kong


On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 5:07 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Ge Wei Dixiong Jiemei, Ni hao,

Its been a crazy week! This might be a cliche sentence but I HAVE LEARNED A LOT THIS WEEK. There is a lot of things to learn here on the field. Everyday is an opportunity for me to become a better person. Its all about taking a bigger bucket because the bigger the bucket the more information I can take. One thing I learned this week is humility. Sometimes I get upset when I get corrected by my companion, but then I realized how it is an opportunity for me to grow and become a better teacher. Another is prayer. Prayer is really important, it just sets my day. I always love it when I pray because I know Heavenly Father is up there to listen and to answer. Best thing is when I can feel the spirit as I pray. Sometimes prayers can get a little bit repetitive here on a mission because you pray almost every time. As I was reading preach my gospel I learned how I must pray with the full energy of my heart everyday because it gives you the spirit and that motivation to work hard. 

It was raining the whole week! It got to the point when they hoisted up the "Black Rainstorm Warning". Because it was raining everyday and finding was really tough for us because we had to carry umbrellas while talking to people. There were 3 days when we just stayed on a bridge and talked to almost everyone we see. You really have to have patience and hard work here on the mission.  The cool thing is we found this guy on the bridge, his name is Richard Xie from beijing. We taught him a lesson on the bridge, met him 3 days after that and he came to church on Sunday. Miracles I tell you! I see them almost every week! Sean, One of our investigator is getting baptized on june 21. I was so happy because at first he didn't have faith in Christ, but the more we met with him the more his faith developed. What's even cool is that he was part of the choir for ward conference and he was wearing a suit. Its really a front view seat of seeing God's hand in peoples lives. 

I know Christ Lives. I know he is Risen. I know his atonement can enable us to do things we cannot do on our own. I know we have a loving Heavenly Father. I love the gospel. I know families can be together forever.

Elder Sy

                                      ELDER SY
(薛 長 老)
耶穌基督聖徒教會
中國香港傳道
China Hong Kong Mission
 2014 - 2016









                   
Its been raining the whole week.
                   
Soaking Wet
                   
Tamzai
Exchanges with Elder Wong
   
  
Sights and Sounds of "Black Rainstorm" Week.