Monday, May 18, 2015

HK 12 " The First Twelve Weeks "



On Monday, May 18, 2015 11:28 AM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hello! 

Wow I cant believe it. It was around this time last year where I started processing my papers for my mission. Can't believe how time is so fast! Deciding to go on a mission is the best decision I have ever made. I never thought I would be out here wearing a name tag representing Christ here in Hong Kong. Who knew a kid whose just wants to play basketball for the rest of his life would make the biggest decision of his life. I remember the day when I was standing on the pulpit and these words came out of my mouth " I am going to go serve a mission". Until now I can't believe the spirit led me to say those words. To be honest after saying that on the pulpit I was like " What have I gotten myself into". But then everything went really good. I prepared for my mission really well, I can say I was physically mentally and spiritually prepared before going on my mission. I have no regrets out here in my mission. Everyday is a blessing for me and my family. The work is hard but at the end of the day its all worth it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I am so glad to be out here serving the Lord. I know blessings will follow after all this service, so what I am trying to focus now is His work. 

This week was fantastic! It was the last week of my 12 week program! Wow, its so quick! Guess what? More finding for us HAHA! Its another time for adjustments. We will start having 7 hours of time finding this week! This will be fun, really fun HAHA! By the end of my mission I probably will be a really patient man. 5 hours straight of finding isn't gonna be easy. Hopefully I can keep up the hardworking attitude. This week we also had Zone Conference. President Hawks and his assistants gave training. It was a really good training, it'll be the last one as president hawks is leaving in July. It was a really powerful training. I learned a lot and felt the spirit. The spirit was so strong that day. It was fun too because I met a lot of missionaries. Met the filipino Elders, Its just so fun talking to them! 

Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the substance of things hoped  for, the evidence of things not seen" Faith is our foundation. Without faith we cant do anything. I encourage everyone to build their foundations upon Christ. God answers our prayers through our Faith. Remember, faith is an action word! So we show our faith to God by keeping his commandments even tho sometimes it doesn't make sense. I know that Christ Lives and he loves each one of us! I know Families can be together forever.

Elder Sy ( 薛長老 )

Mangoes from Sister Hawks




I made myself a curry


This is Sean

Tai Po Ward Primary Activity




Sights and Sounds of HK12