Tuesday, March 17, 2015

HK 3.0 A Day In The Life Of An LDS Missionary



On Monday, March 16, 2015 12:34 PM, Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:


Hey Ni Men Hao! 好嗎 ?

How is everyone!  Man, Missionary life is fun! This week was fun! It was really long at me at first. Why was it long? Well this week we focused on finding people. On Tuesday Wednesday Thursday we went finding for 4 hours each day. Crazy huh? We spend all those hours in just one area. In that area we just keep talking to people. First word that I always say? " Hello Ni Hao Qing wen Ni Hui Jiang Pu Tong Hua ma?"   晴雯你會 普通話 嗎 ?

I remembered the first day I got here. I was kinda shy to talk to people. I was afraid to open my mouth. Afraid of getting rejected. After those days I asked for God's help in opening my mouth and of course He helped me. Everyday I strive hard to talk to every person I meet on the street. There are times when I hesitate though but then it is coming. Homesickness is still bothering me, but not that much. The way I avoid it is by serving the people in the apartment and think of the people we are teaching. It is helping me a lot doing that. It's hard, missions are really hard but in the end it will all be worth it. 

Last week I started a habit of writing my feelings towards the atonement of Jesus Christ. It has strengthened my testimony. Let me leave you a question to ponder about "What does His atonement mean to you in your life? "

 Just wanna bear my testimony of how true the church is. I know the church is true. I know Christ lives. And I know our family will be together forever. Just know that I always pray for each one of you everyday. Every prayer I have all of you are in it. Continue to develop faith. Pray as a family every night and everytime you wake up. Always have family home evenings. I love you all so so much.

Til Next week!
Elder Sy

On the streets of a quiet Tai Po District.




Tai Po at night. View taken from our apartment.


I cook the food that you taught me Mom.. Yesterday I cook chicken, na sunog HAHA!
Mom next week send me a complete list of any recipe ha? kanang with the measures and everything.



Beautiful Scenery Of Tai Po District Near Our Apartment.

Over looking view of Tai Po District from our apartment.

My New Name Tag.




Sights and Sounds Of Tai Po District