Monday, December 12, 2016

HK 94 Primary Songs That I Grow Up Listening To.

Hello, last week was a blast! 九龍has been doing really well recently. Elder Woolley and I are receiving referrals from here and there. I am grateful that I am still able to grow and learn from my mission, there really isn't a ceiling for our progression. It really is eternal!

Last week was really busy, probably the busiest week of my life! No chill! We have been doing really well with juggling the many responsibilities we have with missionary work! It was a blessing to meet with most of our investigators. It was a pleasure to see them grow from the gospel.

My man Kevin has been progressing a lot recently. The biggest change I have seen overnight on my mission. Usually Kevin would talk about random stuff with us and doesn't really seem to have sincere interest to learn. He called us the other day about how he wants to be a better person and that he will do everything to change his life and to feel happy. He has been reading his scriptures and he has praying too. All he has to do now is to come to church to meet the members. I think it will be great to bring members to the lessons now that he has toned down. I am excited for him, Christ's gospel definitely brings eternal hope and happiness into our lives. It has been great privilege to witness how the gospel can change people if they choose to.

We had Chen 弟兄 and Lai 弟兄 come to church. Chen弟兄's date is for next week but we have to move it back because we haven't taught him all the lessons yet so hopefully next week will be a done deal! Christmas! Lai 弟兄 had a great time at church as well. Although he really didn't understand anything, I am pretty impressed of how sincere he was in listening to the people. He has been progressing a lot as well!

We had a great Christmas party! 維多利亞3 分會 organized a really great party. The kids loved it as they saw Santa come in. Boris was Santa and he did a great job of being Santa, who knew santa was chinese ^^. Scot was the M.C as well, I am pretty impressed with his boldness in public speaking. He loves it, I am excited for his potential as a leader in the church. It was a great time to get to know the members and together celebrate christmas! It was awesome to see some investigators come, they had fun!

I remember it was around this time last year when the primary was singing hymns and bearing their testimonies. Last Sunday, the Primary did that thing again and I truly felt the spirit again. They sang the primary songs that I grew up listening to. That spirit that those children brought was amazing. Everyone can bring the spirit in!

This week, I pondered a lot about how the gospel is here to bring positive forces into the world. If the gospel doesn't change your nature and your action then it is useless. But it does! If we truly follow the Saviors example we can be changed. The Christmas Initiative this year is all about service. We had a great lesson in elders quorum class yesterday about service. It was a great reminder that when the savior came to earth all he did was serving the people around him. We probably can't give an instance when the savior didn't serve. Brother James gave a really good thought about empathy and compassion. A lot of us have sincere empathy for all the people who are struggling with their personal challenges but not a lot of us show compassion which is the action you take after have empathy for them. That was a great reminder for me that we have to go out and take some action! Regardless of the service being small or big we can learn and grow from it because the Savior did the same thing. So I really felt great about that lesson, now I have to put in more action. That lesson was an answer to my prayer

I do know that Heavenly Father does answer our prayers. I have learned a lot on my mission about the importance of sincerely Praying to him and taking action with the promptings received. I know that He loves each and everyone of us. He listens to us all the time, he really does!

I hope ya'll have a great week ahead! See ya!

薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission