Tuesday, November 1, 2016

HK 88 Barriers Along The Way.

Hello Everyone,

Last week was really crazy. We spent a lot of time figuring out transfers for this week. President Lam is making big moves this transfer so its gonna be pretty crazy this week with 70% of the missionaries moving this week. We also have to plan for the new missionaries coming this week. So many stuff, it's been a great challenge for me and it is stretching me.

It has been a great challenge for me to speak cantonese. Very humbling, that is all I can say. Now I understand the missionaries struggling with Cantonese. Pretty hard actually. I am pretty sure that it has been better though. My mind is still adjusting to the new language. Adding a 5th language to my brain is overwhelming. I am getting Mandarin, English, Cantonese, Bisaya(because there are cebuano missionaries too) mixed up. So yeah, pretty rough life for me last week. But it happens. All I can do is enjoy and love the moment. So, what a great opportunity it is for me to grow once again.

The members in the sham shui po ward have been very nice and kind. Although its hard to get to know them because of the language barrier, I can still feel the love that they have for missionaries. We had a fun activity yesterday. It was a farewell party for the temple president and the Bishop. It was great to see the ward all together having fun and socializing. Our investigator, Luk JiMui, went to the activity and got some good fellowshipping. The new bishop fellowshiped her really well too. Pretty amazing. We are hoping that she could get baptized soon!


I love my mission, I am grateful for the many great experiences! The members have been a great example to me. I know that the gospel does bless families and strengthens them more. I am grateful for wonderful parents who apply the gospel in their lives. I know that this is the restored church of Jesus Christ. He lives!!

薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission