Monday, September 12, 2016

HK 81 Kowloon Area Mission President's Seminar.


KOWLOON IS A BLAST! Last week was super busy, I just want to take a day off sometimes. I am so tired. The area is amazing, we saw a lot of miracles last week. We now have 3 baptismal dates that is looking really good right now. Once again, my testimony of the gospel was strengthened.

So last week we had the great privilege of helping Ocean out with his english. He is one of the golden guys that we are teaching right now. We taught him 4 times last week and I could see the potential that this guy has. Jason Lin, invited us to his house so we were able to invite him and the other Jason as well. So yeah, basically 3 Jasons in the house. We taught a powerful lesson about the restoration and both Jasons bore their testimony of how the gospel blessed them. Hm, sounds really exciting!

Another guy that we were able to meet with again is Chen Guo Wu. He is from Fujian as well and we reviewed the lesson one and recommitted him to be baptized once again. He is a really kind guy and I hope that this time he would give up the drinking so that he could be prepared for baptism.

We were able to teach Max and his wife as well. Max is a member who was baptized in New York. We are hoping to help his wife. She believes that the church is true, all she needs is more ward support. Very cute family. Reminds me of Scots family as well.

Last week Elder Grayam and I were invited to a mission Presidents seminar. The whole asia areas mission presidents came, which means I was able to see my fellow, Chinese -filipino, President Teh. Because of time I wasn't able to talk with him but it was an awesome experience to feel the power and the excitement that the mission Presidents have. Elder Funk gave a great training about reading the book of mormon with investigators. It was a powerful experience and it rekindled the excitement that I have for the book Of Mormon.

I just want to bear my simple Testimony right now. I really do know that the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christs church. I can't think of any better way to fully prepare ourselves of fulfilling our eternal potential. I am so grateful for the HOPE and the HAPPINESS that I receive from the example of Christ. His atonement is infinite and all these things are great blessings! I know that I am not a perfect human being and I am not even close to being like Him but I am grateful for the motivation from the greatest motivator, the holy ghost. I know that all I have to do is to try my best. I love my Savior :) Have a great week!

薛長老
Elder Sy
China Hong Kong Mission