Thursday, February 11, 2016

HK 50 "Kong Hei Fat Choi" Chinese New Year !

On Feb. 11 , 2016 at 1:09 PM Jayzon Christian Sy <jayzon.sy@myldsmail.net> wrote:

Hello everyone! Hows it going, it has been tiring the couple of weeks but man I love it.

So, the last two weeks were powerful moments. We had zone training meeting and zone conference. It was a double uppercut by the spirit. It was so strong. I learned a lot from both of those meetings. Zone Training Meeting was great, Elder Buss and I together with the sister training leaders came up with good ideas on how we should give the training. It was awesome, gave a couple of training about planning and using our talents in doing the Lords work. We also invited Elder James. Such a humble guy, he taught a great principle that I have learned. He shared a story about the monks in Cambodia takes a bowl and goes to every houses. They expect people to put stuff into the bowl. The principle here isn't about begging, but giving people an opportunity to serve. I was pondering about that and it hit me. I would always ask people "is there anything I can help you with" but when people ask the same question back I would say "Nope I am alright, I can do it myself as well". So I have been thinking of how I can ask other people to help me cos service really does heal the soul. How many times do you feel good when you help someone? Its great! I am not asking Elder Forston to wash my dishes all the time tho, haha!

Zone conference was awesome as well, Elder Bednar and Elder Neil Anderson gave great talk about missionary work. We have to be always center everything that we do with our purpose as missionaries. Our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. Elder Bednar was so powerful as well, taught us about being instruments of the Lord and being instruments of the spirit. President Clayton and Elder Nielson gave great training about working with members. So the whole mission is pumped to work with members. This was a broadcast by the way.

Okay, so Chinese New Years is bittersweet. Its great seeing what Chinese new year is like but all of our investigator went back to mainland. So since most members left as well we were left with street finding! So before everyone left for mainland I asked them what Chinese New Year is like, they said they stay with their family and watch television. Guess what its true! Everyone just stays at home and watches television. Its funny! It was awesome to see families on the parks as well. There were tons of people in the park. We went around trying to see if someone is prepared but most of em are busy with their thing. We still worked hard tho and listened to the spirit as we were finding. We met a couple of good people and taught them street lessons. That was fun. 8 hours of walking was a killer tho, haha!

So our investigators has been doing great! Prayers are getting answered. I testify that Charity never faileth. I am grateful that God has been answering my prayers. I love the Island and I love everyone in it. I am sure that this love was given by God. The Taiwan investigator that we met a couple of weeks ago went back to Taiwan already. It was a miracle finding him on the street. We are hoping that he gets baptized in Taiwan. Such an amazing experience. We have 2 baptismal dates right now and we are excited for them as well. The work is great in the island. It has been slow due to Chinese New Year but it'll pick up soon.


I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful that I have been born of goodly parents. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I testify that God loves us. The greatest expression of His love is sending Christ and His gospel. I am forever grateful. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ lives. I know that the Holy Ghost exists as well, through Him we can receive specific revelation for our everyday life. Have a great week!

薛長老

Elder Sy 
China Hong Kong Mission 
2014 - 2016